The amended Canada-United States Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement entered into force on Feb. 12, 2013
The amended Canada-United States Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement, which was signed by the Governments of Canada and the United States on Sept. 7, 2012, entered into force on Feb. 12, 2013, following an exchange of diplomatic notes between the two Parties to formally ratify the Agreement.
With the Agreement now in force, Canada and the United States effectively "start the clock" on the implementation of the commitments within the Agreement. The new Great Lakes Executive Committee will help coordinate the implementation.
Please visit this website from time to time for more information on the Agreement and its implementation.
Read the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement of 2012:
Binational.net is a collaboration between the United States Environmental Protection Agency and Environment Canada to provide a single window on joint Great Lakes programs.
This initiative is underway, with postings of several binational programs and reports. More joint programs and reports will be added in the future.
This site contains links to Web sites originating from organizations not subject to the Official Languages Act and the information on these sites is made available in the language in which it was written.
- State of the Great Lakes 2011 technical report (PDF) (555 pp, 20 MB)
- State of the Great Lakes 2011 Highlights (20 pp, 12.5MB)
- 2013 Great Lakes Public Forum
- Great Lakes Executive Committee December 2012 Meeting Summary (6 pp, 133K)
- Great Lakes Executive Committee Terms of Reference (5 pp, 128K) April 23, 2013
- Notification of Great Lakes Executive Committee Meetings
- Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement Annex Co-Leads (3 pp, 96K) Dec. 14, 2012
- DRAFT Timelines for Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement (2 pp, 107K) Jan. 14, 2013
- Activities Timeline
- Key Deliverables Timeline
- Lakewide Management Plans (LaMPs)
- Lake Erie Lakewide Management Plan Annual Report 2013 (4 pp, 469K)
- Lake Huron Binational Partnership Annual Report 2013 (4 pp, 1.1MB)
- Lake Ontario Lakewide Management Plan Annual Report 2013 (4 pp, 509K)
- Lake Superior Lakewide Management Plan Annual Report 2013 (4 pp, 741K)
- Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement
- Amending the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement
- Binational Public Engagement Process: Report on the negotiations to amend the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement
- State of the Great Lakes Ecosystem Conference (SOLEC) and Reporting
- Binational Toxics Strategy
- 2008 Status Report (12 pp, 891K)
- Lake Erie LaMP
- Lake Huron Partnership
- Lake Ontario LaMP
- Lake Superior LaMP
- Great Lakes Monitoring Exchange
- Our Great Lakes (28 pp, 3.0MB)